Information for Tenants
Here at CMK Lettings, we aim to provide all our current and prospective tenants with a quality service.
Below you will find the steps you will take when applying for one of our properties.
- We will ask you to arrange an in-person viewing of any property you express an interest in.
- Once you have expressed an interest in applying for this property, you will be asked to complete a tenant reference application with CMK, which has to be accompanied by payment of a holding deposit. The cost of this holding deposit is linked to the rental of the property you wish to apply for, equivalent to approx. 1 week’s rent. The application form will give further information about the referencing process.
- We ask you to be honest when you complete our application form.
- Once you have paid the holding deposit, your details will be provided to Homelet. This is the reference agency we use to check all applicants. If the required pass score has been reached, we will agree on a handover date with you. CMK Lettings will ask you to make a further payment prior to the handover, which comprises the remainder of the deposit and the advance rent.
- If the required pass score has not been reached, Homelet may give you the option to find a guarantor. Subject to the guarantor being acceptable to Homelet we will proceed as above.
- If we are unable to accept you as a tenant, we will try to refund your holding deposit to you. Please ensure you have read the application form and completed it truthfully.
- At the time of the handover, you will be asked to sign a contract and the inventory. You will be provided with additional documentation at this point in time.
In line with the TDS Tenancy Deposit Scheme guidelines, we can only return the tenancy deposit can after the property has been vacated, as long as there are no outstanding issues in relation to the condition of the property and the rent account.
The acceptance of any applicant is at the discretion of the respective landlord/landlady.
For information about the deposit or the TDS Tenancy Deposit Scheme download a copy of:
“What is the tenancy deposit scheme?“